REGISTERED NURSE (Mott Children's Hospital-Children's Emergency Services)
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of four (4) (0.9 FTE), Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
Hours & shifts are identical for both hires.
(see below for work schedule detail).
Children’s Emergency Services (CES) is a primary entry point for children 0-20 years of age admitted to CS Mott Childrens Hospital, a verified Level One Pediatric Trauma Center and tertiary facility with referrals from across the state.
CES nurses partner with board certified pediatric emergency medicine faculty and pediatric residents to provide expert family centered care for over 27,000 children who present each year with injuries and illnesses across the range of acuity from minor to critical care.
The department provides CES nurses financial support for ENPC, ACLS, TNCC, PALS and CPEN as well as in-depth orientation and continuing education.
The Children’s Emergency has been awarded the Lantern Award by the Emergency Nurses Association for safe practice and safe care!
For more information, please visit our website at: https://www.mottchildren.org/about-us/new_hospital.html
This is a fast-paced, challenging position in an academic environment fully committed to maintaining EXCELLENCE in family centered pediatric emergency care.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Providing safe and efficient nursing care to children of all ages and pediatric specialties experiencing an emergent or urgent situation.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the pediatric emergency patient.
- Providing Patient & Family Centered Care through collaboration with all members of the health care team in order to meet complex care requirements of the emergency pediatric population.
- Demonstrates competence in the implementation of technical skills required for the care of the pediatric emergency patient according to UMHS policies, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills as evidenced by the utilization of a rapid decision making process in emergency situations.
- Demonstrates full compliance with practices in documentation while providing pediatric emergency care.
- Assumes leadership responsibilities in teamwork and pediatric patient care delivery.
- Demonstrates awareness of the importance of research and evidence based practice in the care of the emergency pediatric patient.
- Identifies and assumes responsibility for one’s own learning needs.
- Actively participates in quality improvement projects and initiatives related to the care of the pediatric emergency patient.
This posting replaces 1 position from #156141.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
Eighteen (18) months of current (at least 20hrs/wk) Pediatric Emergency Department RN experience
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN).
- At least two (2) years of RN experience in a Pediatric Emergency Department in a Level One Trauma Center ED is preferred
- Charge Nurse and/or preceptor role experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make quick, accurate decisions.
- Demonstrated personal and professional accountability
- Current ENPC
- Current TNCC
- Current ACLS
- Current PALS
- Current CEN/CPEN
Hours: 36 hrs per week
Shift: Nights; 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m. (3-12-hour shifts/week); 2 of 4 weekends per 4 week scheduling period
Location: Mott Childrens Hospital-Childrens Emergency
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.