REGISTERED NURSE (Central Staffing Resources, Adult General Care Cluster)
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of five (5) (0.9 FTE), Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
Hours & shifts are identical for both hires.
(see below for work schedule detail)
This RN would be part of our Central Staffing Resource Department in the Adult General Care Cluster. This cluster services the Adult Medical/ Surgical units in University Hospital:
- 4A Neurology
- 5A Orthopedics/Trauma
- 5B Medicine Acute Care
- 5C GI/Transplant
- 6A Acute Rehabilitation
- 6B Medicine Acute Care
- 7W Adult BMT/Hematology
- 8A Oncology Acute Care
- 8B Medicine Acute Care
- 8E Adult Surgical
- 8C Medical Surgical
- Surgical Observation Unit
CSR RN’s will receive an additional hourly differential of $2.50/hour and will not be required to work holidays.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Provide nursing care to a variety of patients, young adult to elderly.
- Floating among the Adult General units requires familiarity with multiple medical diagnoses: GI medicine, Pulmonary, Rheumatology, Hematology, and Oncology, Trauma/Orthopedic Surgery, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Infectious Disease, Nephrology, Renal Transplant, Otolaryngology, Endocrine/Plastic and Oral Surgery, Family Medicine, and Dermatology.
- Family centered care is provided through collaboration with all members of the health care team in order to meet the complex care requirements of the adult population.
- Demonstrates expertise in communication and problem solving skills within all levels of the health care team, as evidenced by interviews, documentation, writing skills, and references. Ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates accountability and dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame.
- Experience floating to multiple units. Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital nursing policies and practice.
- Demonstrates participation in continuous quality improvement process with documented results.
- Takes initiative in seeking professional growth.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Hours: 36 hrs per week
- Shift: Evening shift, 8hrs
- Location: Central Staffing Resources, Adult General Care Cluster
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off Allowances
- Robust tuition and certification support programs
- Large offering of no-cost CEs and professional development for advancement
- Union Affiliation
- This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
The University of Michigan Health is a Magnet recognized hospital. We have recently been named #1 hospital in Michigan and #5 hospital in the nation by US News and World Report for 2018-19!
Salary & Nursing Framework Level: This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C. Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire. Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level F.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Must have a current Michigan Registered Nurse License. Eighteen (18) months or more of recent RN experience in their area of expertise.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants): You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Nursing at Michigan offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits!
Salary range for Registered Nurses- $63,918.40- $101,108.80
CSR RN’s will receive an additional hourly differential of $2.50/hour and will not be required to work holidays. Evening Shift Differential- $2.35 per hour Night Shift Differential- $3.20 per hour Weekend Differential- $1.75 per hour
The RN benefit package includes:
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.